Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Morning Detox Drink

When I fall behind in my workout routine or want to give my metabolism an extra boost I like to make this detox drink. It's super easy to make, tastes good, and has the benefits I'm looking for. Having this drink right when you wake up is important, but you can also drink it throughout the day. The combination of cold water, ginger, and lemon work to kick start your metabolism in the morning. The cucumber has antioxidants that fight free radicals in the body. Mint has a variety of health benefits including improving skin condition. 

I like to make a big batch of this and keep it in the fridge or make batches at night for the next day. Also, when I'm done drinking this drink I eat the cucumbers. You can add whatever you would like to this drink, but this combination is my favorite.


                         


Ingredients
2 slices of cucumber

2 slices lemon
2 sprigs of fresh mint
1/2 teaspoon ginger, peeled and grated
16.9 oz water (water bottle)

Directions

  1. Put everything in a glass, stir, and drink!

No comments:

Post a Comment