Thursday, October 24, 2013

Autumn Inspired Salad

Some apple cider showed up in the refrigerator the other day and I decided I needed to make something fun with it. I love adding fruit to salads, especially apples. I figured a salad with apples and an apple cider vinaigrette was the way to go. This is a light salad that works well for lunch or a side salad for dinner. Walnuts add a nice crunch and the mixture of spinach and red cabbage also adds texture. Apples and pears add a sweetness that goes well with the vinaigrette. Such a perfect salad for fall. 

Anytime I can incorporate part of a recipe from Food Network I do. The have great basic recipes that you can put your own twist on and make it something you love. This vinaigrette goes so well with this salad.

                             

Ingredients
6 cups spinach, chopped
2 cups red cabbage, shredded
1 Fuji apple, chopped
1 red pear, chopped
1/4 cup walnuts
Apple cider vinaigrette

Directions

  1. Make apple cider vinaigrette according to directions from Ina's recipe. 
  2. Toss all ingredients together in a bowl. 
  3. Add as much of the vinaigrette as you would like. Toss and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment