Monday, January 6, 2014

Breakfast Quinoa

Sometimes my breakfast routine can get a little boring. You all know I love my Homemade Granola and vanilla Greek yogurt combo and I also eat Honey Nut Cheerios with vanilla almond milk on the reg. So today I'm branching out a bit and getting in some serious protein in the morning with this Breakfast Quinoa recipe. I almost always have the ingredients in this dish on hand so it was pretty easy to get this going in the morning. You can always make it the night before and warm it up a bit in the morning for more convenience. Also, don't limit yourself to blueberries, whatever fresh fruit you have will taste great too!


Ingredients
1/4 cup uncooked quinoa
1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
1/2 cup water
1/2 tablespoon honey
1/4 tablespoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
Blueberries
Sliced almonds

Directions

  1. In a small pot, combine the quinoa, almond milk, and water. 
  2. Bring it to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed. 
  3. Remove from the heat and add honey, cinnamon, and vanilla. 
  4. Mix well and top with blueberries and almonds.

No comments:

Post a Comment