Monday, April 28, 2014

Greek Yogurt Mac & Cheese

My obsession with using Greek yogurt recently continues. I love macaroni and cheese (who doesn't?) and I really wanted some new lunch ideas to take to work. I came across this recipe and had to try it and I love it! I've now used it multiple times and have added other veggies, like grape tomatoes and portobello mushrooms, and I've also added chicken a few times. It's delicious and turns out great every time! Don't forget to use whole wheat pasta for a serving of whole grains.


Ingredients
2 cups whole wheat elbow macaroni
2 cups reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 cups fresh spinach
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper

Directions

  1. Cook the pasta according to package directions. 
  2. Put the spinach in the bottom of a colander and when the pasta is ready drain it over the spinach. Make sure to save 1/2 cup of pasta water for later. 
  3. Return the drained pasta and wilted spinach into the pot. 
  4. Add 1/4 cup of pasta water and stir in the cheese until it is melted. Stir in the Greek yogurt, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add more pasta water to reach desired consistency. Serve warm.


You can find the original recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment