Sunday, September 15, 2013

Homemade Granola

You might ask what is the point of making homemade granola if you can just buy it? My answer to that is 1. You can change up any granola recipe and make it your favorite 2. It lasts forever and 3. It just tastes better. I make a big batch of this about once a month and I eat it almost every day. My usual combination is using it as a topping on my favorite vanilla nonfat Greek yogurt. 

I want you to try this recipe. I promise you'll like it more than any store bought granola you can find!


Ingredients
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup slivered almonds
1 cup pistachios, chopped
¾ cup shredded sweet coconut
3 tablespoons chia seeds
¼ cup dark brown sugar
¼ cup maple syrup
¼ cup vegetable oil
¾ teaspoon salt
1 cup dried cranberries

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. 
  2. In a large bowl, combine oats, nuts, chia seeds, coconut, and brown sugar. In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup, oil, and salt. Combine both mixtures and pour onto 2 sheet pans. 
  3. Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. 
  4. Mix in dried cranberries. Transfer to an air tight container and use whenever.

No comments:

Post a Comment