Thursday, July 17, 2014

Strawberry Peach Iced Tea with Mint

Summertime is in full swing and that means it's also time for refreshing cocktails and mocktails. I made this delicious iced tea that is perfect for any cookout, BBQ, or relaxing dinner. Brewing iced tea can be a nuisance, but these Cold Brew Family Size Tea Bags from Lipton make it so much easier to concoct flavored iced teas. This recipe plus some Firefly Peach Tea could be the key to a fun summer day! I can't wait to try out some more fun drinks this summer. Just looking at all my pins gives me a couple ideas that could make for a very refreshing afternoon.


This past weekend I went to a wine tasting at the Linganore Winecellars and came home with a raspberry wine... I think I'll be sharing a fun summer cocktail with that soon!

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Serves: 4-6

Ingredients
2 Cold Brew Family Size Lipton Tea Bags
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen fruit, thawed
5 tablespoons agave
Fresh mint

Directions
  1. Place two tea bags in 8 cups of cold water. Steep for 5 minutes.
  2. Reserve 1 cup of brewed iced tea.
  3. Place fresh or frozen and thawed fruit in a blender with agave and reserved iced tea. Blend until smooth.
  4. Strain fruit mixture into brewed iced tea. Stir and serve with fresh mint.

2 comments:

  1. I think I should buy family sized tea bags! I've been using tons of little ones....uoops.

    ReplyDelete