Thursday, December 5, 2013

DIY: Santa Ornament

This weekend I was invited to an ornament exchange event. It got me thinking about what kinds of cute and easy homemade ornaments I could make. This adorable Santa ornament is the perfect addition to any Christmas tree. I haven't decorated yet (oops), but hopefully this weekend I'll get a chance to in between studying. I really like the "ribbon" I used for this ornament that I found at Michael's. It's not actually ribbon, but it reminds me of Santa's beard. If you have kids around they can help you stuff the ornaments once they've been painted. I seriously love the holidays. Check back for more little homemade gifts!

What you need:
  1. Clear glass ornament
  2. Red paper crinkle or beads
  3. Festive ribbon
  4. Black paint
  5. Yellow or gold paint
  6. Black glitter
Instructions

Remove the top silver part of the ornament. Paint a gold buckle in the center of the ornament, let dry. Paint a black stripe all the way around the ornament connecting at the buckle, let dry. Paint another layer of black paint over the stripe and add black glitter before the paint drys. Warning: black glitter gets everywhere. Once dry stuff the ornament with red paper, add the top back on, and tie a ribbon to the top.

Tip: To let the paint dry without it getting everywhere place the ornament upside down. It should stand on its own because the silver top is off!

No comments:

Post a Comment