Monday, December 16, 2013

Stove Top Applesauce

Considering that I got my wisdom teeth out on Friday - this post is appropriate. I made a big batch of homemade applesauce to help get me through the "wisdom teeth diet." At this point I'm pretty sick of soft foods and I can't wait until I can eat real food again. Sigh. Getting my wisdom teeth out is really hindering my Christmas shopping abilities and indulging before the holidays. I'm going to have to get creative with my Christmas treats.


Ingredients
3 lbs apples (I used Gala)
1/2 cup apple juice
Juice 1/2 lemon
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions

  1. Combine all ingredients in a large pot and cook over medium heat, stirring continuously, for 25 minutes. 
  2. Let cool a bit, add to a blender and puree until smooth. Store in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment