Wednesday, September 18, 2013

DIY: Seashell Frame

I am a serious seashell collector. I'm really not joking. Whenever I go to the beach for a week I come back with a boatload of shells. I pride myself on being able to find the best or most interesting ones. So obviously I need something to do with them. Summer may be just about over, but seashells are beautiful year round. If you're like me then you probably have some leftover shells hanging around. Check out what you can do with them.

What you need:

  1. White frame with a flat surface (any size)
  2. Store bought starfish (optional)
  3. Craft sand
  4. Your seashells
  5. Hot glue gun
  6. Craft glue with a sponge applicator
Instructions

The sand will be a little messy so make sure you have a space that's easy to clean up. Start by rubbing glue over the entire frame. Sprinkle a layer of sand onto the frame and let sit 2 minutes. Shake off any excess. Place seashells on the frame in a way that you like. Use the hot glue gun to glue shells to the frame one at a time (do not move the other shells, otherwise you may lose your spacing). Let sit for 30 minutes or longer and now you have a new beach inspired frame!




No comments:

Post a Comment