Thursday, July 31, 2014

DIY: Gold & Marble Coffee Table

My moving date is coming up extremely soon. I'm excited and nervous about moving to Philly and living alone in my own one bedroom apartment. To keep myself busy (aside from work) I've been daydreaming about an apartment with perfect decor. But, of course I have a budget and I can't afford a $300 coffee table. So instead of wasting money on pieces that I will likely get bored of in a year I did a quick DIY project and the result was just what I envisioned. I got an expensive looking coffee table for $79, not bad!


What you need:
Instructions
  1. Assemble the metal part of the coffee table according to Ikea instructions.
  2. Attached the gold spray paint can to the spray trigger.
  3. Spray paint the metal - easy enough! Let dry for 24 hours.
  4. Cut two pieces of adhesive film 31" long. (If you splurged on the White Marble Peel and Stick you can skip steps 4 and 5.)
  5. Lay them side by side on the black shelf. I overlapped a little to make sure there would be no black showing through.
  6. Carefully peel the adhesive film and start adhering to the shelf. Just do a couple inches at a time making sure there are no air bubbles.
  7. Once both sides are adhered to the shelf, flip it over.
  8. Using a box cutter or x-acto knife cut around the shelf as close as possible to the edge. Make sure you have cardboard underneath. You don't want to cut your floor or table!
  9. Finish by adding the shelf to the dried metal frame per Ikea instructions. Add glass to the top.
  10. Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment