Monday, July 28, 2014

M&M Cookie Bars

It's Monday and I am counting down the days until I move to Philadelphia. I move in less than two weeks... 12 days to be exact. This weekend was filled with last minute errands and wrapping up my DIY projects (which I will be sharing soon). The best part of my weekend was being surprised with a going away party that J planned for me. I got to see a lot of my friends, eat good food, and play some games! I can't believe I'm moving so soon!


Who doesn't love cookies and milk? But, what about cookie bars and milk? Cookie bars are just as good, if not better! These super soft, easy to make cookie bars are filled with M&M's and chocolatey goodness. I made these for fun, but they would be great to take to a potluck or fun gathering this summer. I love baking and I especially love it when a recipe is simple. I will be making these again and I think next time I'll try some different add-ins.

Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Serves: 24

Ingredients
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
3 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup miniature M&M's

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
  2. In a large bowl (I used my stand mixer), beat together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
  3. Add the eggs, one at a time. Mix in the vanilla extract.
  4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
  5. Gradually add the dry ingredeitns to the wet ingredients until combined. Do not overmix.
  6. Stir in 1 cup of M&M's until evenly distributed.
  7. Press cookie dough into the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of M&M's on top and gently press into the dough.
  8. Bake for 25 minutes until the top is golden brown. Cool before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment