Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Lemon Tahini Dressing

I got the inspiration for this dressing and make-at-home salad from Sweet Green. Their Chic P salad is so delicious and I can only get it when I'm in the city! Now when the cravings for this salad hit me I'm totally prepared to make it at home. Plus when I'm at home I can add my favorite Kalamata olives in addition to the bell peppers, cucumbers, chickpeas, and feta cheese. Adding falafel like Sweet Green makes this salad much more filling, but it's delicious with or without it! I've tried making falafel at home and I have yet to perfect the recipe. Have some pita chips and hummus on the side for a filling lunch or light dinner.


Ingredients
1/2 cup water
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup tahini
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon cumin

Directions

  1. Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth. Store in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment