Friday, November 29, 2013

Old Fashioned Macaroni Salad

My grandmother's recipe for Macaroni Salad is SO good. Not sure if it's because I grew up eating it and I have so many memories associated with the taste or if it's just that good. I'm sharing this with you because it's a staple at every family holiday event, but it's good for any day eats. I've said plenty of times before that you should always substitute whole wheat pasta for regular pasta... today I'm going to tell you to not do that. I've tried it before and it completely changes the dish. This may not be the healthiest of dishes, but it's delicious and I'm not messing with my grandmother's recipe. So please enjoy.


Ingredients
1 cup macaroni, cooked
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon milk (I used reduced fat)
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 hard boiled egg, chopped
1/4 cup celery, very finely chopped

Directions

  1. In a large bowl stir together mayonnaise, milk; vinegar, salt, pepper and sugar. 
  2. Add macaroni, celery, and egg; toss to coat well. 
  3. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment